Kitchen Redo Ideas
1. Open Up and UpdateOpt for open shelves instead of upper cabinets to provide display space and make a small kitchen feel larger. Install shelves at standard upper-cabinet height — the lower shelf is 18 inches above the counter. Build your own with our kitchen wall shelf project. 2. Upgrade Your AppliancesThe most popular kitchen update is installing new energy-efficient appliances, such as a dual-fuel range with convection double ovens, a high-tech range hood, an ENERGY STAR-certified refrigerator, and a water-saving paneled dishwasher. Shop Appliances 3. Update HardwareAdd more personality with new cabinet hardware. Create a cohesive look with a mix of knobs and pulls in the same style family. Shop Cabinet Hardware 4. Don’t Ignore CeilingsAdd texture and a pop of color. Ceiling tiles made to mimic the look of antique tin tiles click together like laminate floor surfaces and can be painted to fit any color scheme. Shop Ceilings 5. Make a SplashClassic white subway tile with a beveled edge is an inexpensive, yet high-impact, backsplash material. Use a herringbone pattern to add interest and movement to walls. Shop Tile 6. Counter FitGet the look and texture of stone with all the benefits of laminate. This travertine silver laminate with a bullnose edge looks like the real deal for a fraction of the price. Shop Countertops 7. Paint ItFreshen up walls, cabinets, and ceilings with a coat of Valspar Signature paint. It’s one of the quickest, most budget-friendly updates. Colors shown are Play Bill (#ar1022) for the cabinets and Crystal Sea (#5004-7B) for the ceiling. Shop Paint 8. So QuietInstall soft-close hinges and glides — and say goodbye to slamming doors and drawers. Shop Cabinet Hardware 9. Lighten It UpBrighten your room with an allen + roth (TM) ceiling light, mini pendants, and undercabinet lighting. Add control with dimmers. Shop Lighting 10. Customize ItLaminate shelves mimic the look of the countertops. (Ask your countertop installer to make the shelves.) Add stylish metal brackets for support and to repeat the metallic tones found in the appliances, hardware, and faucet. 11. Rethink the SinkThis Kohler top-mount, apron-front sink is perfect for remodels — it requires only a rough cut to existing standard cabinetry, and can be paired with most countertop materials. Top it off with a Delta high-arc faucet featuring a hidden pull-down sprayer. Shop Sinks 12. Build-In StorageAdd floor-to-ceiling custom wine storage to the side of a standard-depth fridge for a built-in look. 13. Bake It PrettierThe key to the perfect pantry is simple — keep it tidy and organized. Shop Kitchen Organization 14. Spice Things UpMake every inch of storage count with door-mounted shelves. They make use of wasted space and are perfect for keeping spices close at hand. Shop Kitchen Organization 15. Get the messagePaint a chalkboard on the inside on the inside of the pantry door for creative words or a handy place to display notes or recipes. Mask off a section with painter’s tape, then fill in with a coat of chalkboard paint. Shop Chalkboard Paint 16. Read the LabelMake it easy to find cooking staples. Just add labels to canisters and jars using our free downloadable label sets you can print on your own adhesive-back labels. 17. On the RackCreate more storage where you need it and make the contents of your pantry more visible with wire shelves perfect for small cans and jars. Shop Kitchen Organization 18. Make a Nook CozySoften the look of a window seat built from standard upper cabinets by adding a natural roll-up shade and pretty pillows. Shop Cabinets 19. Focus on FlooringTake a look at these stunning faux-bois floors. Get the appearance of hardwood and the durability of tile with natural timber, cinnamon-glazed porcelain floor tile. Shop Flooring 20. Find Even More IdeasReady for more? Check out our gallery of kitchen makeover and remodel ideas to get the inspiration you need to create the kitchen of your dreams.
Kitchen Redo Ideas
Make cooking, dining, and entertaining easy with a kitchen that is full of style and amenities and fits your family’s needs. Get inspired by these amazing before and after kitchen makeovers, and start planning a kitchen redo of your own.
Kitchen Redo Ideas
Before and After: Kitchens Make cooking, dining, and entertaining easy with a kitchen that is full of style and amenities and fits your family’s needs. Get inspired by these amazing before and after kitchen makeovers, and start planning a kitchen redo of your own.
Kitchen Redo Ideas
After: Dramatic Redo For less than $9,000, the kitchen now sports dramatic painted-black cabinets and granite veneer countertops. Creamy white walls, brushed-nickel cabinet hardware, and glossy new appliances add to the kitchen’s elegant facelift. Six easy steps to painting your own cabinets. Watch this!
Kitchen Redo Ideas
Paint Cabinets Instead of Replacing Them With kitchens, simple does not necessarily equal streamlined. For these homeowners the kitchen that came with their Atlanta condo fell short on both frills and function. It was a sad space, that included builder-grade cabinets and white laminate counters. Opening the dishwasher blocked the oven door and vice versa. They used a little DIY-know-how and removed, repainted, and reinstalled the cabinets. They also purchased a wet saw and cut the glass tiles for their backsplash themselves. Take a look at The $967 Kitchen Remodel to pick up a few money-saving pointers and design ideas. See also: How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets How to Install a Glass Mosaic Backsplash How to Hang Kitchen Cabinets
Kitchen Redo Ideas
With kitchens, simple does not necessarily equal streamlined. For these homeowners the kitchen that came with their Atlanta condo fell short on both frills and function. It was a sad space, that included builder-grade cabinets and white laminate counters. Opening the dishwasher blocked the oven door and vice versa. They used a little DIY-know-how and removed, repainted, and reinstalled the cabinets. They also purchased a wet saw and cut the glass tiles for their backsplash themselves. Take a look at The $967 Kitchen Remodel to pick up a few money-saving pointers and design ideas. See also: How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets How to Install a Glass Mosaic Backsplash How to Hang Kitchen Cabinets
Think there is no such thing as a budget-friendly kitchen makeover? Remodeling your Kitchen doesn't have to cost a fortune. In fact, with a little time and effort, you can refresh your kitchen space. Add your personal touch and style with this collection of ideas and tips that will help you to focus on what really matters in updating your kitchen.
Located where the living room used to be, this brand new kitchen features state-of-the-art appliances, large kitchen cabinets, and an attractive new backsplash. The long kitchen island highlights the length of the room and the openness of the space which connects the new living room and dining room.
After the makeover, it’s hard to believe this is even the same kitchen! A wall was removed to allow for a beautiful long kitchen island and to create an open, airy feel throughout the space. Bright white cabinets look stunning against the warm hardwood floors, while pendant lights and stainless hardware bring an updated feel to the charming kitchen.
After: Full of Family and Function Barely-gray cabinets create a neutral kitchen with style. The granite countertops and gray subway tile backsplash pair perfectly with the color scheme, creating a soothing and timeless space. Refined touches such as turned legs on the island and a custom vent hood create a kitchen that feels high-end and custom, but the durable granite counters and hardwood floors are perfect for this busy family’s daily use. Plan your dream kitchen with our free remodeling guide.
After: Airy Elegance Removing the wall between the kitchen and dining room added 10 valuable inches to the galley. The homeowners also stole a foot of space from the dining room, making it possible to add a peninsula for added storage and a serving buffet. Timeless finishes outfit the vintage-style kitchen, including a subway tile backsplash and crisp white cabinetry. Plan your dream kitchen with our free remodeling guide.
The original cabinets were painted white for instant warmth in this newly renovated kitchen. The wall to the dining room was removed, creating a more bright and open space. New wood floors, granite countertops and modern pendant lighting really take this kitchen to new heights.
The boxy design of this 1943 home needed a new plan that would remove the wall between the kitchen and dining room. During construction, the original 12×10-foot kitchen — which housed only one small window — was opened to an adjacent room, creating a 26×12-foot space. While updating the paint, hardware, cabinetry, and appliances, the homeowners also added three large windows, further expanding the visual appeal.
Gallery of: kitchen redo ideas
- image kitchen redo ideas 15
- graphic kitchen redo ideas 14
- graphic kitchen redo ideas 13
- impression kitchen redo ideas 12
- photograph kitchen redo ideas 11
- photograph kitchen redo ideas 10
- picture kitchen redo ideas 9
- picture kitchen redo ideas 8
- graphic kitchen redo ideas 7
- picture kitchen redo ideas 6
- impression kitchen redo ideas 5
- graphic kitchen redo ideas 4
- graphic kitchen redo ideas 3
- picture kitchen redo ideas 2